Friday, June 15, 2012

Hello Kitty Cake (Fondant Cake #9)


I was so excited for this cake when my customer requested a Hello Kitty Cake. She also wanted animal prints so I decided to combine them both! :) I found an image online of Hello Kitty holding a cupcake so I thought this would be the perfect "Happy Birthday" Hello Kitty Cake :D I blew up the image on my laptop in microsoft word and printed two papers with half of Hello Kitty's head on one and her body on the other. I printed them out and taped them at the seams. Then I took some tissue paper and layed it on top of the image and traced with an edible food marker. I then took the tissue paper and placed it over some white rolled out fondant and re-traced the image onto the fondant. Then I piped the outline with royal icing! The cake was vanilla with a chocolate mousse filling. Happy Birthday Kari!

9 comments:

  1. Howw didd Youu doo Thee Cheetah Print On The Hello Kitty Dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia :) I mixed some black food gel with clear vanilla extract to make it gray and I dabbed a gray spot with a brush. Then, I took some black gel and painted it on around the spot randomly to make it look like a cheetah print :)

      Delete
  2. This is too cute! What website did you find the pic on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure since it was a while ago. But I changed the dress to look like a leopard print.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    Great job on the cake. I am going to be making one for a little girl. How many stacks were your cakes and Did you cut out pieces to go around the entire cake to get or use a tool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! The cake was 2 layers of sheet cake. I cut strips of fondant and I put them all around the entire cake with royal icing. :)

      Delete
  4. This might sound crazy, but after you traced it on the wax paper did you turn it over on the fondant and retrace it that way to get the outline to show up, or did you just leave it facing up and traced it that way on the fondant? cupncakes35@yahoo.com is my email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello So I just left it facing the same way when I traced it onto my fondant. Tissue paper is so thin that the ink goes through easily. I wouldn't use wax paper since the wax would keep the edible ink from going through. I can post a tutorial on my facebook sometime in the near future :) http://www.facebook.com/TavitaCakes

      Delete
  5. I need your help!! My cousin came across your cake and loved it! I'm a beginning cake decorated so I haven't yet took my fondant class. I told her I could change it to edible image and butter ream frosting. I would like to blow the original image up so the lines are thinner. If you have the image could you please email it to me. My email is janessar26@gmail.com. Your cake is so cute so thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete