Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Little Mermaid Birthday Cake #1

I've always been amazed by cake creations over the years but I've never had the guts to make a three tier fondant cake. My daughter just turned 1 in April so to take advantage of the opportunity and to save a few bucks, I decided to go for it. Her birthday theme was The Little Mermaid but I didn't want to overwhelm the cake with too many bright colors. I wanted nice soft pastel colors. So this is what I ended up with. I realized I made a lot of rookie errors after I finished, like I should have shaved down the sides of the cakes first before applying buttercream. Or adding a thicker layer of buttercream. The cake itself was vanilla with a nice silky buttercream. Everyone loved the flavor! I wish I could have taken pictures of the inside but I was so busy slicing and serving. The colors inside were purple, blue, and green. Well I sure learned from this experience and can't wait to do more in the future. Someone from the party already requested me to make a cake for them. Fingers crossed! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment