Monday, July 9, 2012

Luau Hawaiian Theme Birthday Cake

This is a 3 tiered cake and it has different layers of vanilla, chocolate, and lemon cake. The vanilla cake has a pineapple filling. The chocolate cake has a chocolate mousse filling. And the lemon cake has a vanilla custard filling. I made six red hibiscus flowers which were pretty dang easy to make actually! What took a while were the kiddos on the cake. They were cartoon characters of her kids :D They loved the idea of "eating themselves" lol I love how much practice I've gotten from making cakes. You can tell I'm better at smoothing fondant ^_^ Not to mention the amount I save from making it myself at home! The stuff at the stores is EXPENSIVE! It's been really hot these days so on the way to the party, the fondant started bubbling out. I grabbed a toothpick....poked a hole...hid it with a leaf...and DONE! Nobody noticed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment