Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rose Cake (Fondant Cake #7)

This is fondant cake #7 and I must say the cake making is getting easier with every cake. This cake was for my friend's birthday and I wanted to surprise her with it. Big thanks to my husband who helped me bake and frost the cakes! I painted some roses with food gels and clear vanilla extract. I made a white flower out of gumpaste. My husband rolled little white balls of fondant for the pearl borders. The bottom tier was a struggle though....it ripped on me so I had to improvise and add some fondant rectangles...nobody could tell! lol That's the beauty of cakes...when you make a mistake...cover it up with something more beautiful! I'm getting better at smoothing fondant but fondant is SO HIGH MAINTENANCE. I really want to buy the "Flawless Fondant" DVD. I heard it's a must have for beginners like me...

The cake was vanilla with strawberry filling. I added food coloring to the batter to make the cake a light pink color. My friend loved it so much she didn't want to cut into it haha. Will be making more cakes soon! :)

1 comment: